Another way you can add the Apple TV channel to your Roku account is by going through the Roku website or mobile app. Although any channel that you add directly through your Roku device is automatically added to your Roku account, the option of remotely adding a channel via the web or mobile is a valuable alternative, especially if you’re installing it for a non-tech-savvy family member or not sitting in front of your TV.
To add the Apple TV app via a web browser:
- Go to channelstore.roku.com.
- Click the Sign In button and provide your Roku login credentials.
- Find the Apple TV app by looking it up through the “Search channels” text field.
- Hit “+ Add channel.”
To add the Apple TV channel through the mobile app:
- Launch the Roku app and make sure you’re logged in.
- Go to Devices and select the one you’d like to add the Apple TV app to.
- When it connects, tap “Apps on Roku.”
- Go to the Store tab.
Once you’re in the Store tab, look for the Apple TV app. If it’s not in the Featured section, go to the “Movies & TV” category and find it there. Tap the Apple TV app and hit Add.
To ensure that the newly added Apple TV channel shows up, go to Settings on your Roku device through the left panel and go to System. Select “Software update,” then hit “Check now.”